- Although it’s a quick meal, this particular chicken sandwich depends on fresh ingredients. Trust me, there is a huge difference between a fresh loaf of bread, a juicy chicken, and bright green arugula (not the wilted yellow stuff that you’re waiting to salvage from the cooler—throw that stuff AWAY. All you do is layer, squeeze, top & serve.
- 4 thick slices country white or whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup of dark white meat with skin on- from the thigh and drumsticks (or skinless breast, but trust me, it WON’T be as good!)
- 1 cup of arugula, washed and dried (I always use pre-washed if I can find it)
- 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spread a tablespoon of mayo on the bottom slice of each sandwich.
- Layer on your chicken, arugula, and avocado.
- Salt and pepper the whole thing liberally.
- Squeeze half a lime over each sandwich (or to your taste, but I found that on this sandwich, the more the better).