- If you're looking for a delicious chicken dinner recipe, try Francine J.'s Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- 1 chicken cut into pieces (~4 lb)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbls maple syrup
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- I definitely used more chicken & sweet potatoes and more olive oil and maple syrup because it will give you extra sauce.
- Heat oven to 400 *F
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Arrange chicken, onion and potatoes in baking dish.
- Drizzle oil over and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with sprigs of thyme. Roast, stirring the vegatable once unti lchicken is cooked through, about 1 hour and 15 min.
- Let rest for 10 min before serving.
- I definitely used more chicken & sweet potatoes and more olive oil and maple syrup because it will give you extra sauce. FYI--I also think the kosher salt is very important.