- If you're looking for a Mexican style casserole recipe, try Yvonne E's "Chicken Tamale Casserole".
- 1 cup pre-shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 - 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper or chipotle powder
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can red or green enchilada sauce (Old El Paso or Las Palmas)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (or turkey, or pork, or beef…or leave out the meat and keep it a veggie casserole!)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.