- This Summer Squash Soup is a deliciously creamy soup without the cream. Depending on what you're in the mood for, this soup is great hot, room temperature or chilled. And, it is a meal the little purée-eating foodies in the family can enjoy, too. Serve it alongside some crusty bread and dinner is done.
- • 2 zucchini, roughly chopped
- • 2 yellow squash, roughly chopped
- • 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- • 5 cups vegetable stock
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 teaspoon salt, plus a few pinches for cooking the vegetables
- • ½ teaspoon pepper
- • Chili powder to taste
5 (Rated by 3 moms)
|PREP TIME||15 Min||READY IN||40 Min|
|COOK TIME||25 Min||SERVINGS||4|
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt and stir. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini and squash and another pinch or two of salt.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add the vegetable stock. Stir and bring up to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and purée the mixture using either an immersion blender or a regular blender. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Chill the soup by pouring it into a large shallow dish or by dividing it into individual portions of around 1¾ cup each.
- Cover the soup and place it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Or, don’t wait and enjoy it right off the stove. ☺