- My family was so happy when I made these treats for them, and oh boy do they deserve it! The cold months are always roughest on us, and they get a double whammy with V-Day, and my birthday, all in one month. They deserve cupcakes, and so much more, for how sweet they both are to me!
- We call them 'Sweetheart Cupcakes' because I made them for my sweethearts, and because the strawberry looks like a little symbol of love.
- 1 package cupcake mix, chocolate
- 1 package strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 package pudding, chocolate
- Fresh mint sprigs,optional but awesome
- 1. Prepare cupcakes according to package and let cool. Using a paring knife, core out a well down into each cupcake, for your strawberry to fit into. Prepare your pudding according to the package. Let set until nice and pudding-y (solid - wet gloopy pudding will ruin the cupcakes, so don't be in a rush, let the pudding firm up!)
- 2. Stick the strawberry pointy side down into your cupcakes. Take the piece of the cupcake that you cut out, and place it on top of the strawberry, after you push it down into the cupcake.
- 3. Top liberally with pudding in leu of frosting.
- 4. Add a sprig of mint if you like. I think it adds a certain something, and my neighbor had some growing in her kitchen and shared…but don’t go out and buy some.
- 5. I cut each cupcake in half and set it on a plate, because presentation is everything with these suckers. They are DELICIOUS and super easy!