- These cookies are always a hit -- I especially like to make them at Christmas time.
- 1 c. butter (two sticks)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 3 1/2 c. ﬂour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 c. sugar (for dipping)
- chocolate candy stars (about 1 lb.; made by Brach’s)
- Cream butter, 1 c. white sugar, 1 c. brown sugar until ﬂuffy.
- Beat in eggs and peanut butter.
- Sift together ﬂour, baking soda, and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
- Add milk.
- Shape into 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch balls; dip in sugar and place 2 to 3-inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly press chocolate star (or Hershey’s kiss) into center.
- Return to oven and bake 5 to 7 minutes longer.