- Risotto is one of those dishes that people love, but rarely make at home. Why is this? Well, for years you’ve heard people complain that it is too time consuming, it doesn’t yield good results, and it’s easier to order at a restaurant where you know it will turn out right. It’s become the big joke in my household. Anytime it’s made you will hear my husband or I yell in our best Gordon Ramsey voice, “This is %@^&! Throw it out and begin again!” Ya know what? It does come out good, and yes you have to keep your eye on it, but it’s not that difficult. Keep the heat relatively low and make sure you don’t overcook the rice. If you plan the rest of your meal around the fact that you are keeping an eye on the risotto, you’ll be fine. I honestly love standing at my stove sometimes, slowly stirring over a warm pot. I feel like this is “cooking” at its best! Once you get the hang of it, you can interchange the flavors and really make it your own. It’s so delicious and a nice change of pace for a side dish to not try at home.
- 4 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan, warm broth on simmer.
- In a medium saucepan, add oil and turn heat on to medium. Saute shallots until translucent and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add rice and stir continuously for 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and stir the rice until the wine is absorbed, about 1 minute. Add the salt and give a gentle stir.
- Add 1 cup of the warm broth and stir until absorbed. Continue to add 1 cup of broth at a time to the rice until you have used all of the broth and most of the broth has been absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the rice has a creamy consistency, remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Anonymous - commented on Jul. 6, 2013
==== http://www.luckygrip.com ==== proxyCheap Nike air Jordan shoes33$,Air Force 1 33$, Nike dunks SB shoe,Nike Shox shoe. Wholesale Cheap Nike shoes with discount jersey, High quality T-shirts,ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy shoes,ED hardy Jeans,Evisu shoes,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel Handbag
ninaanna - commented on Jul. 10, 2013
my best friend's sister-in-law makes $64/hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her pay check was $18293 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more...www.Rush64.ℂℴm
smartyy - commented on Aug. 6, 2013
just as Mary implied I didn’t know that people can earnings $50000 in 3 weeks on the computer. Did you see this web link www.Pro67.ℂom