- If you're looking for a delicious gravy recipe, try Brittany G.'s Country Gracy
- 2 Tbs butter (unsalted)
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk (whole is best, but it works with skim)
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pot.
- Once it is melted whisk in the flour.
- Make sure to sprinkle the flour in so that you don't get lumps.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat until it begins to smell slightly nutty. The color with slightly change.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk, bring to an almost boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce to low, and allow to thicken.
- You know it is thick enough when it just coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.