- If you're looking for a potato soup recipe, try Stacie J's "Creamy Potato Soup".
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 qt. water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 qt. milk
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon cubes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place 1/2 potato mixture in a blender; cover and puree. Set aside. Melt butter in pan.
- Stir flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return potato puree to above mixture and heat through. Combine all together.