- Crock pot meals tend to be heavy and hearty, not what a person generally craves in the summer months. I've been missing my crockpot, though. This crockpot chicken avocado soup is light and, with fresh lime juice, avocado, and cilantro, it is refreshing, too.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 avocados
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 32oz chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 limes
- fresh cilantro
- Add chicken, tomatoes, black beans, onion, corn, and spices to crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from pot and chop. Return chicken to pot.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, sliced avocado and fresh cilantro. You can also add some cooked brown rice, crushed tortilla chips, or grated cheese.
Review This Recipe
Tammy Voss - commented on Feb. 16, 2014
Brandon Judell - commented on Sep. 19, 2014
Doesn't say to when to add chicken broth, although it's logical to add during first step. Doesn't state that you should cut up chicken breasts. Am cooking now, so I can't rate final product yet, but I do detest recipes that aren't proofread. It creates a d