- This is a family recipe I recently discovered. My Nana made this for her family of seven. She did amazing things in her kitchen, including this dessert.
- 6-8 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into eighths
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Layered chopped apples in a pie dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar on top
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, sugar and egg
- Gently fold in flour and walnuts
- Spread over apples
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.