- If you're looking for a hearty pork stew recipe, try Abbe S's "Cuban Sweet Potato and Pork Stew".
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. cubed, raw pork
- i can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Combine all except lime and cilantro in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for seven hours.
- Stir in lime and cilantro, and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add water to achieve desired consistency.