- The curried potato filled sandwich is something attached to my childhood. I grew up often eating this sandwich. I kept it vegeterian for this recipe but it tastes great with sliced hard boiled eggs. It’s delicious with or without eggs.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1-2 green chili
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup mixed vegetable (chopped carrots, peas, green beans, cauliflower) (Optional)
- Whole grain sandwich bread
- Cilantro for garnish
- Steps to cook the filling:
- 1. Boil potatoes until soft.
- 2. Peel the boiled potatoes and semi mash keeping few small chunks. Set aside.
- 3. Heat pan and add oil.
- 4. Add onion and garlic and sauté until slightly brown.
- 5. Add cumin seeds and green chili.
- 6. Add mixed vegetables, if using.
- 7. Mix smashed potatoes in the oil mixture.
- 8. Add turmeric and mix well.
- 9. Cook 3-4 minutes stirring often until everything is mixed.
- Steps to assemble sandwich:
- 1. Take two slices of bread.
- 2. Toast, if desired.
- 3. Add filling, lettuce and enjoy.
- 4. Repeat for next sandwich.
Review This Recipe
Lail Hossain - commented on Feb. 1, 2013
This is awesome. Thanks Circle of moms for picking my sandwich. If anyone has questions or want to see steps to assemble the sandwich in such pretty way, follow the link. http://withaspin.com/2012/11/02/sandwich-wrap-or-an-art-piece