- This is an amazing quick-prep, 4 ingredient dish even the teenager can fix (and he has because he loves it so much).
- 1 3-4 pound chicken, cut up (or chicken parts of your choice)
- 1 14-ounce bottle ketchup
- 1 12-ounce Coca-Cola Classic
- garlic powder (to taste)
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Heat dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of oil and brown chicken a few pieces at a time.
- Return chicken to the pan and pour in whole bottle of ketchup followed by bottle of Coke.
- Cover and put in oven 45 minutes to an hour until chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
- You may substitute Dr. Pepper for the Coca-Cola.