- If you're looking for a healthy snack recipe, try Jessie J.'s "Dried Mangoes".
- 4 cups mango purée (from about 4 large, unripe mangoes)
- 1 cup clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Use cookie sheets with edges (13" X 15" or 12" X 17" pans work well). Line with plastic wrap, being careful to smooth out the wrinkles, or spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Do not use waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Fruit leathers can be poured into a single large sheet or into several smaller sizes along the cookie sheet. Avoid pouring purée too close to the edge of the cookie sheet.
- Set oven at the lowest setting, which should be 175 *F. If your oven does n If your oven does not a setting this low, it may not be suitable for home drying of foods.
- Place the cookie sheets with purée on oven racks. Leave the oven door open about 2 to 6 inches. Check oven temperature periodically with a thermometer to keep the air temperature at about 175*F.
- If the temperature gets too high, the oven may have to be temporarily turned off, and then turned on again.
- Drying time will be longer for the large leather than smaller ones. Drying time may also be longer in a regular oven than in an electric dehydrator, depending on temperature control during drying. For a large leather, begin checking your leather at 8 to 10 hours.