- In the summer, I find myself bringing a favorite dish to potlucks, or carrying a picnic dinner to the park, concerts, the beach… it’s great to have a few simple, crowd-pleasing dishes that will travel well up your sleeve. This month, I am sharing one of my favorite summer desserts: blueberry-apricot clafoutis. It sounds fancy, but is so, so easy!! I made this batch with blueberries and apricots, but you can use any fruit that’s in season, and you can serve it warm or room temp. Both kids and adults love it, and it just take a few minutes to assemble. My kind of recipe!
- 1 pint blueberries*
- 4 apricots, pitted and cut into 8 pieces each*
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- *You may substitute 3 cups of your favorite fruit. Traditionally, clafoutis is made with cherries. My favorite is blueberry-apricot, but I’ve also had it with pears, or raspberries. It’s delicious any way you make it!
5 (Rated by 1 moms)
|PREP TIME||10 Min||READY IN||55 Min|
|COOK TIME||45 Min||SERVINGS||8|
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8” baking dish or pie plate. Arrange the fruit in a single layer in the baking dish.
- In a blender, or using a hand-mixer, combine eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, flour and salt. Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and the custard is firm (when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm or room temp.