- Easy Dhal dish with protein packed split peas and tons of flavor!! Paired with sauted Kale and rice for a complete meal!
- 1 cup split yellow peas
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- Oil to saute onions
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Bring to a simmer a pot of the peas, water, bouillon cubes and carrots.
- Saute onions in oil and cumin until tender, then add to pot of peas.
- Add all your spices to the pot, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice with a side of Kale. Kale is super easy to cook. Saute in a pan with a little water, add a can of diced tomatoes and tada!! Hope you enjoy this easy peasy vegan meal!
- - See more at: http://www.homegrownfamilies.net/2013/03/easy-yellow-split-pea-dhal-with-kale.html#sthash.zXgQfDzc.dpuf