- Delicious festive cakes that are easy to make and healthy (as cakes go), and perfect for lunch boxes!
- 2 cups of Self Raising wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of white self raising flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 cup of plain low fat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large cooking apple peeled and grated
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 a cooking apple in small chunks
- Ready to roll icing
- Coloured writing icing tubes
- Place all ingredients except the apple chunks and decorating icing in a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into greased bun tins, mine filled 3 tins (36 buns).
- Place a small apple chunk in the centre of each.
- Cook in a hot oven about 200 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow a few minutes to cool before turning out.
- Use some Ready to roll icing to make some fun decorations finished with red and green writing icing.