- This easy and healthy corn soup recipe is great as an appetizer or for lunch. Add in a handful of spinach to sneak in some extra veggies.
- 1 cup fresh corn (can use frozen or canned)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1tsp minced onion
- 2 cups milk
- Simmer corn & water together for 20 minutes.
- Press through a course sieve (sieve is an instrument that mushes the corn. You can use a blender or food proccessor too). I mush half of the corn and leave the rest whole.
- Melt butter, blend in flour, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Add milk gradually.
- Heat to boiling stirring constantly and add strained corn. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with spinach. You can add some spinach to the whole pot of soup. This is one of my favorite soups. Hope you enjoy!