- Gosh how I love my CSA share Wednesday nights! We always get such a variety of great, fresh, local produce that we turn around into some fantastic meal. Today’s share included tomatillas. Grown all across the Western Hemisphere, these green husky tomatillos are traditionally used in Latin American cuisine, as they originated in the South and Central Americas.
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, stemmed and halved
- 5 medium-sized tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
5 (Rated by 1 moms)
|PREP TIME||15 Min||READY IN||15 Min|
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times before blending into a purée.
- Add a bit of water if needed: the salsa should be pourable.