- This is an easy, healthy toddler sandwich. Fruit and veggies used to make the face can be served on the side with a little extra hummus as a dipping sauce. We recycle fruit cups and pudding cups to use for dipping sauces for our four toddlers. They love anything that comes with a dipping sauce. It is a great way to make a meal more fun.
- Whole Grain Bread (four slices)
- Hummus (prepared or make your own)
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- baby carrots
- hard boiled egg
- (and any other fruit or veggies you wish to make a face and serve on the side with the sandwiches)
- Cut two circles per slice of bread using a cookie cutter.
- Spread hummus on half of the bread circles.
- Place the remaining circles on top of each of the circles with hummus to make a sandwich.
- Cut up some of the fruit and veggies in to small pieces to make a face.
- Slice the rest into safe sizes for toddlers to serve on the side with extra hummus for a dipping sauce.