- The Turkish cuisine has so many fresh, healthy summertime dishes and there's nothing like chilled green beans in olive oil (Zeytinyağlı Taze Fasulye) to remind me of the warm breezes of the Mediterranean. This dish is so incredibly easy to make ahead and nibble on throughout the week! It's the perfect side dish or can shine as the star of the meal. | www.MommyHiker.com
- 1 pound of green beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 green onions
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
0 (Rated by 0 moms)
|PREP TIME||10 Min||READY IN||50 Min|
|COOK TIME||20 Min||SERVINGS||4|
- Prepare your green beans by trimming their tips.
- Finely chop the green onions (tender green tops included) and toss them into your pot with half of the olive oil and some salt and pepper for two minutes.
- Add the finely minced garlic to the pot and saute for another minute.
- Add the finely diced tomato to your pot and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the green beans, the rest of the olive oil, a touch more salt and pepper and the water to the pot and stir.
- Turn the flame down to medium low, cover and go have a glass of wine! It should take about 20 minutes to cook.
- Don't stir too often, but a couple of times throughout is fine.
- This dish best served chilled and is really yummy with Cold Cucumber and Yogurt Soup (Cacık)! A great way to stay cool in the summer!