1. Let's grill the peaches real quick and get that step out of the way. Prep your grill to medium-low heat. Grill peach halves directly on the rack (use grill cooking spray for best results!) over the medium heat coals for about 7 to 12 minutes. Halfway through the grill process, rotate those bad boys a quarter turn, so you get little grill "hash marks".Grill until tender and lightly browned with grill lines.
2. Remove peaches from the grill and let them cool. The skins should slip right off! Pop those suckers off, use a peeler if you have to (sometimes they are a little more stubborn than others!)
Now, let's make us a cake!
3. While you are grilling your peaches, Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 10 inch tube pan and coat with white sugar.
4 In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
5. Reserve 1/4 cup of flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
6. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Half of this recipe was just perfect in an 8x4" loaf pan.