This is a must try Grilled Shrimp with Cumin & Paprika recipe! It is very easy to make and it is full of flavor! If you love smokey and spicy flavors, you will love this recipe! I made this dish on a busy weeknight and it took me less than half an hour, and that includes the marinade time!
1 lb. Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
1 C. Couscous
1/2 Onion, Chopped
1 T. (or more) Butter
1 C. Water
For the Marinade:
1/2 T. Cumin
1 T. Paprika
Salt (to taste)
1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Pre-heat the grill
2) Peel & Devein the Shrimp ( To save on prep time, you can purchase shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined. Otherwise, add another 5-10 minutes to your prep/cook time).
3) Prepare the marinade. Pour about 1/4 of the extra virgin olive oil on top of the shrimp and follow up by adding the paprika, cumin, and salt. Mix well and put aside.
4) Chop 1/2 of the onion for the couscous.
5) In a small saucepan, add about a tablespoon (or more) of butter. I usually add a bit more since I love the buttery taste.
6) Once the butter melts, add the chopped onions and cook until soft, not caramelized. Once the onion is cooked, add the couscous and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and add some salt.
7) Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until done. Just as you would with rice, fluff the couscous with a fork to avoid smashing the grain.
8) While you are waiting for the couscous to cook, place the shrimp on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes or until done.
9) To serve: Place the shrimp on top of the couscous.