- There is something so fabulous about flavored butter! Whether sweet or savory, they can add the perfect flavor kick to a super simple dish. Flavored butter is super simple to make... room temp butter blended with the seasoning then pop in the fridge.
- On their own shrimp and scallops are relatively mild in flavor. For this dish I grill them (on my panini grill) with the tiniest bit of salt and pepper, allowing the amazing flavor of this garlicky pesto butter to stand out. These were so fantastic that both my munchkins ate half my dinner, after eating their own! What can I say, the kiddos have good taste!
- *You can use this butter on potatoes, chicken, toasted bread.... drool!! All delicious!*
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 heaping Tbsp pesto
- 5 cloves garlic
- 10 extra large shrimp, peeled & tails off
- 8-10 large sea scallops
- salt & pepper
- In a small food processor add the garlic cloves and pulse a few times to get a bit of a chop on it. Add in the pesto and butter. Blend until well combined.
- Rinse off the shrimp and scallops then pat dry well. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill on a hot grill or grill pan for 3-4 minutes per side... Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the heat and size of the shrimp and scallops.
- Toss the shrimp and scallops with a heaping Tbsp or two of the Garlicky Pesto Butter.