- Happy, sweet, a little tart, ...sunshine in a bite. These little lemon bars are a perfect little piece of sweetness. Very easy to put together...and when plated on a vintage container...they are perfect for a ladies tea.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter cubed
- Juice of one large lemon (1/6 C plus 1 T)
- Zest from one large lemon (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 C flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- Combine 1 C flour, powdered sugar and butter in food processor. Press into foil lined pan (8 by 8) Bake 350 for 18 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Add in zest, juice, sugar. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour egg mixture over hot crust and return to oven for 20 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Review This Recipe
Anonymous - commented on Apr. 18, 2013
Recipe looks great but OMG! your print button is a major disappointment considering that it printed the whole webpage which equals FIVE sheets of paper!! PLEASE, if you're going to post people's recipes, look into a better, no make that MUCH better, print option that won't cause users undue stress. Please. Thanks.
Shona Cox - commented on Apr. 23, 2013
I would love to try this recipe... but the r measurements are very helpful - 1 stick of cubed butter????