- I LOVE these hash brown egg cups. They're fairly simply and so fun to present, especially to guests.
- 6 large potatoes coarsely shredded (or bag of refrigerated hash browns, NOT frozen as they're too wet)
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1 cup of each add in of your choice (peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatos, bacon etc....whatever you want to add to your eggs)
- salt & pepper
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 2/3 c. milk or cream
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins well.
- Mix shredded potatoes, melted butter and salt and pepper in bowl so completely coated.
- Gently form shredded potatoes to regular size muffin tins up along the sides and bottom to form a "cup".
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until beginning to brown.
- In seperate bowl, mix all three cheeses together (you will need to shred american cheese into pieces)
- In seperate bowl add eggs and milk and whisk until well mixed.
- Remove potato cups from oven and fill up the hashbrown cups with any add ins you choose and top with the cheese mixture, dividing equally among the muffin tins.
- Pour in the beaten eggs dividing equally among the muffin tins.
- Bake for an additional 11 - 13 minutes until the eggs are set. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they're done.
- Let rest for a minute or two before removing from the tins.
- Serve and Enjoy!