- If you're looking for a healthy side-dish recipe, try Jen H.'s "Healthier Mac'n'cheese".
- 2 1/4 cups of milk
- 1 pkg. frozen squash, the pureed kind
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese (or more if you like it cheesier)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- s & p to taste
- 1 pkg. whole wheat macaroni
- Cook macaroni until al dente.
- Heat milk and squash together until combined. Add mustard and garlic powder.
- Add cheeses and stir until combined.
- Mix sauce with the strained macaroni and transfer to an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle top with more grated cheese and bread crumbs and bake in 325 *F oven for 20-25 mins. until bubbly and golden brown on top.