- In the fall and for Thanksgiving, I enjoy baking and eating my favorite bread – pumpkin. I have adapted a traditional recipe to make it a bit healthier. Enjoy!
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- •2 cups of organic canned pumpkin
- •1 cup of organic olive oil
- •1 cup agave
- •1 cup molasses
- •4 organic eggs
- •3 cups of organic whole wheat flour (or substitute with brown rice flour if you want gluten-free)
- •1/2 cup ground flax seed
- •1 teaspoon of baking soda
- •1 teaspoon of salt
- •1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- •1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- •1 teaspoon of allspice
- •1/2 cup of chopped pecans for garnish (optional)
0 (Rated by 0 moms)
|PREP TIME||20 Min||READY IN||1 Hr 20 Min|
|COOK TIME||1 Hr||SERVINGS||10|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients – flours, flax seed, salt and baking soda.
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, agave, molasses and spices. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix thoroughly. Add some tablespoons of water if too thick.
- Pour batter into a well-buttered 9-inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until center is firm and an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Makes two loaves.