- I bring these healthy tasty treats to my friend's cookie exchange each year and they're devoured. My mother-in-law, who has a huge sweet tooth, loves these morsels that I make for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 squares
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup carob chips (cacao nibs) or dark chocolate chips (organic)
- 1/4 cup almond or any nut milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, almonds or peanuts (I use pecans)
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 Tbsp per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the cacao nibs and nut milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the cacao nibs have melted. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped nuts. Place in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours before serving.