- If you're looking for a delicious breakfast recipe, try Madonna L.'s Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 21/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Serving suggestions: whipped cream and maple syrup
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see Cook's Note*.
- Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.
- Cook's Note: Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.