- If you're looking for a healthy and tasty appetizer recipe, try Pamela H.'s "Hot Artichoke And Spinach Dip".
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach (frozen) chopped or steamed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese (you can use all Parmesan)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp basil (dry)
- 1 T basil (fresh)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Cream together mayo, Parmesan, Romano, garlic basil, & garlic salt. Mix well.
- Add the artichoke hearts & spinach (careful to drain this well) & mix until blended.
- Store in a container until your are ready to use.
- Spray pie pan with Pam, pour in dip & top with Mozzarella. Bake at 350 *F for 25 minutes or until the top is browned. Serve with toasted bread.