- Does your child hate oatmeal? They won't even realize they are eating oatmeal when they bite into one of these delicious little PB & J oatmeal cups. It's a healthy little individual baked oatmeal with the flavors of peanut butter and banana throughout the batter and a soft center that oozes of delicious jelly! They'll be begging for more! These can be made ahead, stored in the refrigerator or frozen. Perfect for breakfast or a yummy snack!
- 3 ripe banana’s, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick or rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all natural, no sugar added
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 16 teaspoons (or about 2 1/2 ounces) all natural jelly, no sugar added (I used Polaner All Fruit)
- optional: chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix bananas, egg and vanilla. In a large bowl mix together oats, stevia, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a microwavable bowl add peanut butter and heat 45 seconds until melted. Combine banana mixture, peanut butter and water into dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Spray a muffin tin or use silicone muffin cups and pour batter into each muffin cup. Using a spoon, make a small well in each muffin. Place 1 teaspoon of jelly into each muffin cup. Top with peanuts if desired. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool on wire wrack for 15 minutes then remove to finish cooling on wire rack. Bake only 30 minutes if not using jelly in center. Store in refrigerator or freeze in ziploc bags. Thaw overnight and reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.