- If you're looking for a savory roasted lamb recipe, try Tamar W's "Lamb Hotpot".
- 2 large lamb neck fillets
- 3-4 large carrotts
- 2 medium onions
- 6-8 potatoes
- Approx 1-1 1/4 pint of good lamb or vegetable stock.
- Peel and slice the onions. Layer half the onions on the bottom of the dish.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Layer half on top of the onions.
- Cut the lamb in to approx 1 inch cubes. layer on top of the carrots.
- Next do a layer with the rest of the onions and carrots.
- Pour over the stock.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into 3-5 mm slices. Layer in a 'tile' effect over the hotpot.
- Cover with tin foil (shiny side down) and place in oven at around 150 C (280 F, gas 2-3) for around 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and put back in oven for another hour or until potatoes have gone golden and slightly crunchy.