- Fast and easy is not always something that we associate with gourmet and this "easy" chicken salad melt may just be more resourceful than anything else, but when I am in a hurry in the mornings it is always great to keep things on hand that I can quickly make for lunch or as a fast lunch at home with the family to keep things simple and healthy.
- For the Chicken Salad:
- 1 can white meat chicken, strained
- 4-5 wedges Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Cheese
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- Salt & Pepper to tast
- For the Melt:
- Chicken salad
- Sliced ripe tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Drain the chicken and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add cheese wedges. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Using a fork to slightly shred the chicken, stir together the melted cheese and chicken. Add celery salt, lemon pepper and salt & pepper to taste.
- For the melt:
- 2. Turn on your oven to broil on high. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the tomato stacks on the baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Watch closely as to not burn the cheese.