- A big bowl of pasta mixed with yummy bacon, egg and cheese is what Spaghetti alla Carbonara is all about! A dish of comfort all the way! Creamy without adding cream, hearty without being too heavy, and quickly made in under 30 minutes for any night of the week.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound brown rice spaghetti ( I used Tinkyada)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound raw ground chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs plus 1 yolk, beaten
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil then add 1 tablespoon salt. Add spaghetti and cook until done to your liking. While spaghetti is cooking, add the oil and turkey bacon to a large skillet on medium heat. Cook until bacon is crisp and remove to drain on paper towels. Add garlic and ground chicken to the same skillet and cook until chicken is browned, keep on low heat. Once spaghetti is cooked, drain, but reserve 2 cups of the water. Transfer hot spaghetti to skillet with chicken. Add bacon and immediately add beaten eggs to pasta. Stir and combine well on low heat. Add Parmesan cheese and 1 cup reserved pasta water to skillet. (If mixture is too thick add more pasta water.) Toss in basil, parsley and lemon zest.