- If you're looking for a zesty dessert recipe, try Anne's "Lime Chiffon".
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 crackers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients: set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in., baking dish: set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.