- Who says stuffing has to be the same every year? This is a great option for getting extra protein and vegetables mixed right in. Prep time can be cut down by using already cooked leftovers.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 4-5 Apple Chicken Sausage (cut into pieces)
- Baking Spray
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked Lundberg Family Farms Black Japonica Rice
- (cooked in organic chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Rosemary
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Already Roasted Brussels sprouts*
- Sea Salt to Taste
- *To roast Brussels Sprouts, heat the oven to 400°, chop clean Brussels Sprouts in half and toss with oil, garlic and sea salt. Stir to prevent burning on one side.
- Using a medium frying pan, heat the oil using medium heat. Add the onion and sauté. Add the sausage and stir until sausage is browned. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a large casserole dish with baking spray. Combine the cooked rice, quinoa and rosemary.
- Using a mini chopper, chop the Brussels sprouts until it is in small pieces. Mix into the casserole dish. Next, add the chicken sausage either as bite sized pieces or ground in the mini chopper. Add sea salt to taste.
- Use this to stuff the turkey or bake at 350° and serve as a side dish.