- Marbled Beet Cheesecake is a perfect blend of natural red velvet cake (with no toxic food color) and cheesecake layers. Who can say no to that?
- 1 large beet (1 cup puree)
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tea spoon vanilla
0 (Rated by 0 moms)
|PREP TIME||20 Min||READY IN||1 Hr 50 Min|
|COOK TIME||1 Hr 30 Min||SERVINGS||0|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and chop beets.
- Place in a baking tray and wrap with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Roast until soft. About an hour.
- Cool, add lemon juice and make a silky, smooth puree in blender.
- Measure 1 cup of the beet puree and set aside.
- Steps to make beet cake/brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line or oil/butter a jelly roll tray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder (if using). Set aside.
- Cream together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Fold 1 cup beet puree into the cake batter.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk.
- Set aside ¾ cup batter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons milk in the set aside batter.
- Pour the remaining batter in the jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Steps to make cheesecake layer:
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add cream cheese layer on top of beet cake layer and smooth evenly.
- Steps to make swirls:
- Drop spoonfuls of set aside beet cake layer on top of cheese cake layer.
- Drag a knife tip through the cheesecake and beet cake layers to create swirls.
- Bake 30 minutes in the center.
- Cool completely before using a heart shape cookie cutter to create individual pieces.