- If you're looking for a cold seafood appetizer recipe, try Karen L's "Marinated Shrimp".
- 2 lbs cooked medium shrimp- peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion- cut into rings
- 2 medium lemons- cut into slices
- 1 cup of pitted rip olives
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- In a 3 qt. glass serving bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, lemons and olives. In a jar with a tight -fitting lid, combine all of the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Pour over the shrimp mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving.