- If you're looking for a Mexican dinner recipe, try Joyce S.'s "Mexican Chilaquiles".
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips (thick)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup chopped and seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 4 small cans of red enchillada sauce
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shred cooked chicken.
- Combine black beans, tomato and onion in a small bowl and toss together.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray and make layers of tortilla chips, chicken and bean, tomato, and onion mixture until casserole dish is full.
- Mix enchilada sauce and cream and pour over casserole, evenly. Top with all the cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 365 *F for about 35 minutes.
- Uncover and broil until the cheese browns.
- Casserole settles better and is easier to cut and serve if its left out of the oven and covered for 10 minutes.