- For my husband's birthday cake he requested a chocolate cake decorated with hedgehogs. So this was what I created from just four ingredients.
- Madeleines (individual French style butter cakes)
- Slivered almonds
- Melted chocolate
- Candy eyes
- Poke the almonds into the cakes, leaving a space at one end for the head.
- Melted the chocolate. I prefer to use a microwave for this, as there is no chance of water droplets forming in the bowl. Just microwave it for 15-20 second bursts, stirring between each burst. When the chocolate has almost melted, keep stirring until fully melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cakes, using a new paintbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Place the eyes and left the hedgehogs to dry.
- If desired, you could also add a touch of black icing for a nose.