- If you're looking for a dinner recipe, try Monica V's "Mini Meatloafs".
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped if large
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 12-oz. pkg. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce, bread crumbs, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add beef and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well.
- Divide beef mixture in four equal portions.
- Shape each portion in a 5 1/2 x 2-inch oval.
- Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Spoon on remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees.