- Ok, so in an effort to be more mindful of what I put in my body, I decided to give buckwheat (soba) noodles a try. Buckwheat isn't derived from a grain, it's actually a seed that is hulled in the same manner as wheat, then milled into flour to make soba noddles. Not only does it have way more protein than plain old pasta, it also sits very low on the glycemic index, which keeps your sugar levels more even and it's packed full of unique amino acids, minerals and vitamins. So, needles to say, saying goodbye to traditional pasta was a no-brainer for me! This pasta salad takes a flat 10 minutes to make, is chocked full of nutrition and keeps in the fridge for days! Enjoy! | www.MommyHiker.com
- 1 8oz package of 100% Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 1 cup raw Shredded Carrots
- 2 cups raw Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped Cilantro
- Salt & Pepper
5 (Rated by 1 moms)
|PREP TIME||5 Min||READY IN||13 Min|
|COOK TIME||8 Min||SERVINGS||8|
- Watch how easy this is....cook the soba noodles per the directions on the package.
- Drain them and rinse them very gently in cold water until they are cool to the touch.
- Gently toss the soba noodles in a bowl with the shredded carrots, sugar snap peas, sesame oil, lime juice, cilantro and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Enjoy it all week! That's IT!