- If you're looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe, try Lori L.'s "Monte Cristo Sandwiches".
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 8 slices ( 1/2 inch thick) bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 6 oz. thinly sliced deli ham or turkey
- 1 T butter
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 C strawberry preserves
- Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla in a shallow bowl. Dip one side of the bread in egg mixture and place egg side down on skillet. Top with ham and cheese. Dip one side of next slice of bread in egg mixture and add to sandwich in skillet, egg side up. Cook sandwich until golden brown, both sides.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and serve with strawberry preserves for dipping.