- This is my favorite Cold Pasta Salad to make for a Garden Party, BBQ, or any warm day. The ingredients are fresh and flavorful. I use a small pasta, Acini de Pepe, which adds to the texture in a slight and not overpowering way, not giving you the sense of a mouthful of pasta. It looks like an Israeli Couscous, but it really is a pasta.
- Moore Pasta Puccini
- 1 lb Acini De Pepe Pasta
- 1 bunch Basil chiffonade
- 6 ounces Kalamata Olives pitted and chopped
- 1 6 Ounces Goat Cheese
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts ( browned)
5 (Rated by 4 moms)
|PREP TIME||15 Min||READY IN||40 Min|
|COOK TIME||15 Min||SERVINGS||8|
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil,
- add pasta, cook as directed on package, until pasta is Al Dente.
- Drain and let come to room temperature.
- In a separate large bowl, add Olive Oil, Tomatoes, Basil, Goat Cheese, Kalamata Olives, Pine Nuts and toss to coat, add fresh ground pepper.
- After the pasta has cooled, add to the other ingredients.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Toss when ready to serve.
- Sprinkle Basil Chiffonade over pasta.