- Try out this delicious Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Italian Sausage recipe submitted by moms, for moms.
- 2 1/2 pounds large mushrooms, rinsed and de-stemmed
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In large mixing bowl combine warm sausage with cream cheese. Blend well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage-cream cheese mixture and place on lightly greased baking pan. Splash pan with a small amount of Sauvignon Blanc. Garnish each stuffed mushroom cap with dill.
- Bake mushrooms approximately 30 minutes. Mushrooms should be soft, cream cheese melted, and sausage lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy with Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris!