- If you're looking for a savory seafood appetizer recipe, try Elma H's "Mussels with Wine Sauce".
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbs bread crumbs
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tbs dried oregano, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound mussels ( or calamari, or shells)
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil, until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, bread crumbs, wine, mussels, and the spices.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, with Parmesan sprinkled.