- Carb City and NOM NOM NOM define this dessert in just 5 words! Monkey Bread is a dessert that my mom used to make all the time when I was small and I still make it today for my own family. It could not be easier to make and the kiddos enjoy making it with you!
- 3 cans of refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury but store brand is fine too!)
- 1/4 C. ground cinnamon
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. brown sugar
- Bag of Pecans (2 oz. bag) **optional
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Bundt Pan
- Grease Bundt Pan and add the 2 oz. bag of pecans into the bottom.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cinnamon and granulated sugar in an old butter bowl with lid or in a large ziploc bag. You’re going to be adding pieces of biscuits into this mixture and shaking it up so make sure it’s in something tight that won’t let the sugar mixture spill or dump out.
- Cut (or tear) each biscuit into 6 pieces. Put pieces (10-15 pieces at a time) into the mixture and shake really well to coat the dough with the sugary yummy mix!
- Just take a small handful of the coated pieces and shake in your hands with your fingers slightly open to let the loose sugar fall off. Begin adding the coated pieces into the bundt pan overtop of the pecans. The layering doesn’t have to be precise…just as long as it’s fairly even all the way around.
- Keep doing #4 and #5 until you’re out of the cut up biscuits. If you have any leftover sugar/cinnamon mixture, you can keep it in the bowl or bag and label it “Monkey Bread Cinnamon/Sugar”. I’ve used the same butter bowl for a long time!
- Melt your stick of butter and add the 1 cup of brown sugar to it and stir until smooth. Drizzle this mixture over the top of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until done. You can also turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes to brown the top if you’d like…but I can’t ever wait that long. I’m too impatient, who cares what it looks like, right??!!
- Let it cool and then turn upside down (really, right side up!) onto a plate or covered cake dish. It’s best when served hot, but easily warms in the microwave!
- Enjoy and if I were you I wouldn’t share with anyone except those you REALLY love!