- I make this recipe for all my company and have made many a new quinoa fan! I use organic ingredients, but you can choose which you’d prefer. While it isn’t a perfectly healthy recipe, it is nearly there…just pretend with me! This dish has so much versatility - I love to garnish with cilantro, green onions, mushrooms or peppers. And it’s delicious with chicken, fish or on its own. I’m sharing the basic recipe which I created after many many a quinoa disaster (you know how many bad quinoa recipes there are out there?) Also, not all quinoa are equal in taste. I’ve found that I prefer Fresh & Easy’s Organic Quinoa. A close second is Ancient Harvest.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour of your choice (I prefer gluten free oat flour for this recipe)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Cook quinoa as directed. (3 dry cups pre-cooked is enough for all 6 of us)
- While quinoa is simmering. Blend oat flour into the heavy cream & chicken broth, be sure to whisk out all lumps. Heat mixture in sauce pan on medium, stirring frequently until boiling. Boil for 3 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Plate quinoa, sauce, then pico + whatever else you fancy (today we had chicken also.) Salt to taste. Enjoy!